The Student News Site of Proviso East High School

Pirate News

Pirate News

Pirate News

The Importance of Christmas

Submitted photo
Jaylan (second from left) with his family.

Christmas is a holiday that is celebrated for many different reasons. Christmas is important to my family and me for the following reasons: Christmas celebrates my faith, it is the season of giving, and Christmas brings family together.

My faith being a Christian teaches me Christmas is about the birth of Jesus. My family goes to church on this holiday where we celebrate God, life and what we are grateful for.

Christmas is also important to me because it is a time for gift giving. Kids are interested in Christmas because of the gift giving. Gifts bring joy to children because they get gifts they want and wish for like PS5. Children also get gifts that they need, like new socks and clothes, and shoes.

Finally, Christmas is an important holiday because it brings family together. Some people have family that comes in from out of town, that stay until the New Year. Some people have family that come to stay for Christmas break. Christmas is a time to celebrate the family that supports you. Family comes together to cook a big meal, hold Christmas parties, and take trips together.

Because of all the celebrations, cooking, family, and religious traditions, Christmas is a joyful time of year for children and adults. And these are the reasons Christmas is important to me.

Donate to Pirate News

Your donation will support the student journalists of Proviso East High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.