The Student News Site of Proviso East High School

Pirate News

Pirate News

Pirate News

Start Your Own Garden

Have you ever wanted to start a garden? Here is some information about plants and gardens.

To grow plants you will need seeds, a good light source, a container or pot, and high-quality soil. Plants like lavender, basil, marigolds, rosemary, lemon grass, mint, and chrysanthemums keep unwanted bugs away.

But if you want to start a garden, you will need to decide what you want to grow in the garden and a good spot for it. You will also need to improve the soil with compost, add mulch, and avoid soil compaction. After you have decided what you want to grow, get the seeds and plant them, and remember to water them regularly. In no time you will see growth.

You can begin your garden or grow plants at any time, but the best time would be April and March, as the soil gets warmer.

Indoor plants need different amounts of sunlight depending on what plant it is.

Climate Change Impacts Plants

Climate change has negatively affected the growth of plants. The extreme change in weather causes plants to migrate or go extinct. Climate change leads to higher temperatures causing droughts, wildfires, and invasive species outbreaks. Flooding is also caused by climate change. These changes kill the plants that are not adapted to harsh living conditions.

Plants are important because they provide us with oxygen and food. Life would not be possible on Earth without plants.

It is never too late to start a garden of your own.